Custom Search

Monday, November 17, 2008

PhotoTrackr Lite with GPS, Geotag your pics

I just found the Photo Trackr (what's with the misspelling of words, Razr, Flickr, Trackr). It seems to be a good idea, but 2 misses:

1. AA batteries that last 22 hours! Who thought of that? Why not a rechargeable LiION with a USB cable?. I can see a brilliant marketing person saying, "let's save the few bucks on a rechargeable and charger so we can sell it for $99." Wrong. People will pay $10, maybe $20 more for a battery that will last 3 years. Big miss.
2. It is unclear how to use it. The picture in the manual shows a PDA connected to the device. Why will a need a PDA? If I have to use my phone, I might as well use the GPS in it. And, oh, by the way, it has a rechargeable battery that lasts more than 22 hours.

One cool thing, though: it has a motion sensor to activate when you move and supposedly save battery.

Keep whishing, my fellow tech-travelers. Maybe soon someone will come up with the right combo.

No comments: